Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Celebrity Portraits - Mapplethorpe/Warhol . NYC

In it's weekly Tuesday All Tomorrow's Parties posting for 24 - 30 July 2006 Legends Hotel Chelsea Blog informs that Friday, 28 July, is the last day to view "Celebrity Portraits: Robert Mapplethorpe/Andy Warhol," billed as the first ever joint exhibition of these two artists. When they stopped by the gallery a couple of weeks back to check out the show and write a review, the gallery was closed. The Sean Kelly Gallery is located 528 West 29th Street, in the Chelsea area of NYC. Telephone number is 212-239-1181.

I knew them both. More than just friends, Mapplethorpe, photographed me several times. Warhol and I travelled in some of the same circles and attended some of the same private parties. I own original work by both. Works that could only have come to me through my close association with each.

Damn it. I was just in NYC a few weeks back for the 2006 Heritage Pride Parade. Had I known I certainly would have visited the Sean Kelly Gallery.

No comments: