Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dinner at Midnight Express

Out taking pictures during my 21 April 2007 Saturday Photo Walk I happened upon this fireman barbecuing in front of the DC Fire House, Engine 16, at Franklin Square.

Located on 13th Street between K and L Streets in NW WDC I learned in December 2006 is known as Midnight Express.

When taking this series of photos on Saturday, 21 April 2007, I introduced myself by saying "Guess who's coming to dinner?"

And explained further, that when researching its history for an ongoing DC Fire House at Franklin Square photo project I had learned is known as Midnight Express.

Thanking him for the opportunity I said that I would contact Midnight Express regarding the images that I took of him.

In fact, as a result of his images I now launch the Dinner at the Fire House project.

No comments: