Wednesday, January 06, 2010

My "Now That We Are Free" Trance Mix in celebration of MAL Weekend 2010

First, let me start by stating that there is absolutely NO CONNECTION between me nor my music mixes and Mid-Atlantic Weekend. Other than the fact that I have attended some of the events over the years.

Secondly, I am NOT A PROFESSIONAL DJ but, since the early 70's when 8-tracks were in format, have created my own music mixes.

Thirdly, whether through photography, writing or mixing ... I regard my body of work as documentary. And while each mix has a theme and, of course, some connection to my personal story ... without apologies ... my hope is to record, document and reflect dance music that is associated with gay and lesbian culture and heritage.

What some refer to as a bedroom dj it has only been since the fall of 2008 that I have uploaded mixes to the Podomatic podcast site.

Similar to my Saint-At-Large Black Party 2009 series which was followed by a GLBT Pride 2009 collection and, more recently, the End of Year / New Year compilations ... click the above cd cover to listen to and/or download the first of two special mixes that will celebrate the 26th Annual Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend 2010 event.

Which titled NOW THAT WE ARE FREE features this trance tracklist.

Since last fall, as each mix is completed it has been uploaded to the Elvert Xaiver Barnes Mixology podcast at Podomatic. However, when storage space is needed for more recent mixes the older ones have been removed.

Though still under construction, here is the Elvert Barnes Mixology archives.

No comments: