Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Dog Days of Summer

The Dog Days or the dog days of summer are typically the hottest and most humid times of the year. They are a phenomenon of the northern hemisphere where they usually fall between July and early September but the actual days vary greatly from region to region, depending on latitude and climate. Dog days can also define a time period or event that is very hot or stagnant.

During the course of MY street phoptogrphy, in recent months, I have sometimes focused on people walking their dogs. Always regarding my photo walks as learning experiences when I've captured dogs, of recent, the intent was to try my hand at photographing dogs, with their masters, in natural settings. Images that I may take of dogs over the summer of 2006, in natural settings, will be featured in The Dog Days of Summer 2006 Project.

No comments: