Monday, July 31, 2006

Mark Francis Nickens (Msawbe)

In the process of my ongoing Street Musicians series I have photographed solo guitarist Mark Francis Nickens since 1992. However, I would not learn his name until December 2005 when we would exchange contact information. During which time I wouild learn that he also goes by Msawbe.

Of recent, I have observed and photographed Mark performing as a street musican, most often, at the Dupont Circle South Station on Friday evenings. To learn more about Mark visit his website where you can also listen to and download some of his music.

To hear Mark perform live, as a street musician, stop by the Dupont Circle Station, south exit, on Friday evenings. He is one of the few street musicians that draws a crowd as well as admiring fans who often drop by on Friday evenings to hear and say hello to him.

No comments: