Thursday, May 01, 2008

One Immigrant's Story

In observation of 1 May 2008, Immigrant Rights Day of Protest, I'd like to shed light on the story of an immigrant man who in connection with my ongoing Street Musicians and Buskers series I captured at Dupont Circle North during my 18 April 2008 photo video walk.

Though I had not known Juan Cuadros until our brief meeting that afternoon, at which time he mentioned that he was from Peru, it was after having posted my video and when checking the links that I'd learn of this one particular immigrant's story.

An electronic & acoustic guitarist in the Latin & Instrumental genre, contact information for Juan Cuadros can be found at the DC Live Music website which features professional latin musicians and top rated singers in the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia area.

While there may be others, I'm aware of at least two May 1 Immigrant Rights events in WDC today. Beginning at 12 noon, demonstrators will converge onto the Republican and Democratic National Committees on Captiol Hill. Followed by a Rally at the US Capitol Reflecting Pool, the demonstrators will then march to Meridian Hill / Malcolm X. Park for a 4 pm Rally.

No comments: