Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My 1996 Olympic Torch Relay departure from the White House photos

Here are some of my images taken on 21 June 1996 during the 1996 Olympic Torch Relay departure from the White House.

While I captured runner #1 exiting the White House east gate with a lighted torch I was not able to capture runner #1 passing the torch to runner #2, perhaps, at 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.

I did capture runner #2 passing the torch to runner #3, Kim Brown, on 15th Street, at the half-way point between Pennsylvania and Constitution Avenues.

And a series of images of runner #4, a Special Olympics boy and his family, as he signed autographs at the Washington Monument Grounds.

So if you want to see what the official Olympic Torch looks like, check out my 1996 Olympic Relay - White House Depature / WDC - 21 June 1996 photoset.

No comments: