Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Steve Penley's "Reinventing The American Icon" at Fine Art & Artists Gallery in Georgetown

Since visiting Georgetown on Friday evening for the Georgetown BIDness Holiday Party that in the process of my ongoing Georgetown Windows and Windows of the World projects that I'd capture the windows of the Fine Arts & Artists Gallery at 2920 M Street, NW, Steve Penley's current exhibition "Reinventing the American Icon" has been on my mind.

The new collection of WDC inspired works by Atlanta based artist Steve Penley opened with a Saturday, 17 November 2007 reception and will be on display through Saturday, 22 December.

Five percent of all art sales made at the gallery from 17 November through the end of the year will be donated to the Duke Ellington School for the Arts. Here is the PDF document.

Located in Georgetown at 2920 M Street, NW, WDC, hours for the Fine Art & Artists Gallery are Tuesday through Saturdays from 11 am until 5 pm. For appointment and inquiries call 202-965-0780 or email info@faagallery.com.

Click the above photo to view my Fine Art & Artists Gallery photo set which features images from the Steve Penley "Reinventing the American Icon" exhibition.

Since my visit to Georgetown on Friday evening, Steve Penley's exhibit at Fine Art & Artists Gallery has been on my mind. Here is an excellent blog posting at Mother Pie entitled Rising from The South: Artist Steve Penley... that explains why.

And, so has the racism that I experienced in Georgetown on Friday evening ... been on my mind, as well. Which is why it took me a day or so more ... to write this blog posting.

No comments: