On Tuesday morning, OPM broke in the gallery and changed the locks under the guise of a window inspection. Later that day an OPM official said it was a mistake and that they would send someone to let gallery staff in on Wednesday. Somehow, the window inspection and lock change caused the gallery computers to crash. Computer Geeks will give a full report of the problem when the computers are fixed. We need your voice to put an end to this kind of harassment and illegal activity by the government. We need you to:
- View the video of the recent lockout, rate it and leave comments to boost visibility of the gallery's predicament
- Join us for a rally and petition signing at Market 5 on Saturday, 15 December at 1 pm. Rain, snow or shine!
- Sign the online eviction protest petition.
- Contact the mayor and city council to express your outrage. Telephone Mayor Fenty at 202-727-2980 or fax at 202-727-0505. Email at Mayor@dc.gov.
- Help us spread the word even if you can't make it to the rally. Post it on your web site or blog, e-mail and call friends.