Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mo Alem performs "The Flip Side of A Coin" at DC Guerrilla Poetry Insurgency in Dupont Circle WDC . 18 June 2007

On the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, DC Guerrilla Poetry Insurgency (GPI) holds an open mike night in Dupont Circle, from 7 until 9 pm.

I first captured the DC GPI open mike night, a few years ago, when reporting for DC Indymedia. Out testing my repaired Canon Rebel XT on Monday evening, 18 June 2007, I have captured the DC - GPI Lyrical Ambush for the third or fourth time - in as many years.

Though I videotaped and photographed several performers Mo Alem's performance of The Flip Side of A Coin" was definately amongst those that stood out. Here is the video and here is the text.

Click the above photo of Mo Alem to view my 18 June 2007 DC Guerrilla Poetry Insurgency session in Dupont Circle photoset.

No comments: