Thursday, June 21, 2007

Marking the Streets for this weekend's 15th National Capital Barbecue Battle

When out taking pictures on Wednesday evening, 20 June 2007 that I happened upon this workman at the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 13th Street in NW WDC, at Freedom Plaza, I inquired if I may photograph him as part of my Men At Work 2007 series.

He said yes. Upon my questioning, he said he was 'marking the streets' so that when the crews arrived on Friday to set-up for a weekend festival they would know where the street closures were.

Thanking him, I handed him my card and said the photos would be posted to flickr in a day or so and would included in my ongoing Men At Work series.

Checking the internet tonight I learned that the festival that he was 'marking the street' in preparataion of is The Safeway 15th Annual 2007 National Capital Barbecue Battle.

No comments: