Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Route 235 in Southern MD: A road, NOT, so less traveled.

For several years, now, I've had more than a passing interest in traffic and highway photography. See my recent South Capitol Street Rush Hour project.

When visiting my family in Southern Maryland on Christmas Eve 2006 and as is the case with most places that I visit I would engage in traffic and highway photography. Once back in DC, wanting to post an entry pertaining to the traffic gridlock that I always encounter when visiting Southern Maryland I'd search the internet for Traffic Route 235 Southern Maryland and would come across a 12 September 1997 article, by Maryland Senator Roy P. Dyson, entitled "Roads Less Traveled" in Southern Maryland".

Unfortunately, the traffic in Southern Maryland is not unlike the traffic in Washington DC. Or, most places throughout the nation.

No comments: