Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Springsteen's BORN TO RUN: The Unseen Photos

Though I've always liked not only his music but the man himself, as well, in recent years, I have become more fascinated with Bruce Springsteen than ever before. I strongly believe that the man is light years ahead of most of us, spiritually speaking.

Since the first anniversary of the 11 September 2001 terrorists attack on America, in 2002, I have contemplated the creation of a WITH THESE HANDS Documentary Project and Ad Campaign that would integrate my law enforcement hand images with Springsteen's song 'My City of Ruins". My first demo was uploaded to Yahoo Video in August 2006.

In the process of developing several 2006 Rolling Thunder Photo-Video Projects it was on last Saturday that I would purchase a cd of Bruce Springsteen's first album, BORN TO RUN from Borders at 18th and L Streets, in NW. As well as the recently released collaborative project WE SHALL OVERCOME - THE SEEGER SESSIONS.

I was not at all prepared for what would happen, less than an hour later, when listening to BORN TO RUN at home. From the first sound of Thunder Road to the final note of Jungleland I'd remember fall of 1975 when living in a basement apartment in Chillum Maryland that I would listen to the album over and over and over again. Backstreets and Jungleland brought tears to my eyes as wonderful memories of my first partner, Rick Allamong, would come to mind. The music still resonates through my soul.

Rhythmically speaking.

While I did not know about the new book, last Saturday, when I purchased BORN TO RUN, moments ago, I received an email alert from Bruce Springsteen that read:

New Book Reveals The Unseen Photos of Born To Run

It has been more than thirty years since Bruce Springsteen's album Born to Run was released, but now a new book reveals the unseen photographs of that album photo shoot.

BORN TO RUN: The Unseen Photos delivers over 100 black-and-white photographs drawn from the more than 700 that photographer Eric Meola took that day including the cover shot which has been deemed "iconic" by Rolling Stone magazine.

For more information, visit brucespringsteen.net. To pre-order your copy now, visit www.barnesandnoble.com, or www.amazon.com,

No comments: