Monday, September 04, 2006

Busby begins his Hometown Invasion Tour

The summer before his fifth and final year at college Justin Sailor kept asking himself, "What in the world am I going to do with my life?". He had one year to figure it all out. There were five things that Justin knew. With degrees in advertising and in sociology and passions for photography, web design and writing, clearly, a dream job would incorporate all five of these. But since finding a job like that certainly would be difficut Justin whose nickname is Busby decided to ... take a road trip across the United States and stay with different families in each state, documenting hometown life through photography, interviews, and journal writing. And, as you will soon see, have the entire project online so people can follow his adventures across the country.

With the launching of the HIT Newsletter on 21 August 2006, from Baraga, MI, Busby's Hometown Invasion Tour has officially begun.

A new Jeep, home, photos, and 500 miles down.

A New Jeep
The news is here... I've been waiting to announce it for a long time. I'll be driving a brand new Jeep Compass across the nation. In the last 23 years I've probably taken over 100 trips between Baraga and East Lansing. Yesterday was the last one for a while, and it was the most comfortable trip I've ever had. A smooth ride, some great sounding tunes, and even a few interesting looks with the amazing graphics on the car. There are a few photos of the Jeep here, and trust me, it's much more impressive in person.

Website Updates
After a long wait there are finally photos on the site. I snapped a few on my way home, but was mostly anxious to get home, since it had been eight months. Also, Daily Fruit is now launched on the site.

The journey has officially begun, as I spend some time at home it is the only familiar place I'll see in the next year. Everything else is new territory. I'm excited to go in and talk to students at my old elementary and high school this week. Some of them will be following me in a weekly "Where in the country is Bugsy?" lesson. It'll be a great opportunity to share some of my experiences.

On Friday I head to Milwaukee, WI. I'm looking forward to hitting the road again, and seeing some brand new scenery. Be looking for many more blogs and photos, and much more frequently now. As the journey begins, it would be great to hear from you, so don't hesitate, as I really look forward to keeping in touch. Until next time... here's to the open road! *tips hat*

Best regards, Bugsy
_______________________________
Email me: newsletter@hometowninvasion.com
Visit the site: www.hometowninvasion.com

No comments: