Monday, June 21, 2010

Rachel Horlick Completes 2nd Mural for DC's Golden Triangle BID

En route to and from the 19 June 2010 Free Summer Saturday at the Corcoran Gallery of Art I'd capture artist Rachel Horlick with friends and colleagues putting the final touches on her mural on the south facade of the Club Quarters Hotel and just around the corner from Café Soleil at 839 17th Street in NW Washington DC.

Horlicks’ patterned design is the second work of alley art commissioned by the BID, as part of their public art program. Last year, Horlicks' funky art was added to Luigi’s Alley on 19th Street near M Street NW.

While events associated with Crystal City BID including a Public Art/Public Spaces series has been amongst my most prolific themes, in the past, there has not been as much 'public art' activity in the downtown DC BID organizations as has been the case with Crystal City BID. Now that Golden Triangle BID is promoting and commissioning more "public art" I'll keep my eyes and ears opened for future projects.

As I always like bringing attention to Public Art In Public Spaces.

Click the photo to view my Mural by Rachel Horlick at Club Quarters / WDC photo album.

Learn more about graphic designer and muralist Rachel Horlick at her website.

1 comment:

Dave and Barbara Ross said...

What talent! I must stop by the next time I am in DC!