Monday, April 05, 2010

Chad Alan's "Easter in the Park with George" wins first place at JR's 2010 Easter Bonnet Contest

According to Metro Weekly's video by Aram Vartian, adorned in the "Easter in the Park with George" bonnet, Chad Alan was crowned as the first place winner in JR's 2010 Easter Bonnet Contest which took place on Easter Sunday evening, 4 April 2010 at JR's Bar & Grill and 1519 17th Street in NW Washington DC.

While I did not witness the event inside the bar, for reasons which I shed light on in my 2010 Easter In Washington DC docu-project, and as I have done for most years since 1992 I did make a point to capture easter bonnets in the streets before my ritual Easter Sunday at Dupont Circle photo project.

Though still under construction, click the above photo to view my 2010 Easter Bonnet / Dupont Circle photo album.

While Chad Alan may have won first place my personal favorite was the creation of Tim Woody who, according to the Metro Weekly's video, won second place.

No comments: