Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My "So Many Men" House/Circuit Mix Celebrates the 2010 Winter Party Festival / South Beach

First, let me reiterate that there is no connection between myself and the Winter Party Festival other than the fact that having attended the 2005 and 2007 events I subsequently donated my Winter Party Festival photography collection to the Stonewall Library & Archives in Fort Lauderdale FL.

Secondly, in conjunction with my photography and my writing I regard my music mixology as documentary in nature. Which is why in recent months that in connection with my FLASHBACKS project my music mixes have revisited the disco and dance music spanning a period of more than 30 years.

Realizing the importance of disco and dance music to the gay culture and heritage ... and as I have done with several of my "gay oriented photography collections" ... the Elvert Barnes Miixology collection will be donated to the Stonewall Library & Archives.

With all that having been said, in celebration of the 2010 Winter Festival Festival at South Beach / Miami FL, my February 2010 SO MANY MEN mix features a gay/circuit track list of house, disco and r&b music spanning more than 3 decades.

Click the cd cover to download and/or listen to the February 2010 SO MANY MEN music mix podcast. The image featured on the cd cover can be found in my 2007 WPF Beach Party photo album at Ipernity.

Each year since 1998, Winter Party Festival and Centaur Music have collaborated in the production of an annual Winter Party Festival Compilation collection which features some of the biggest DJ names on the circuit. Visit Centaur Music for information.

And you still have time to escape the freezing winter weather and head down to Miami for the 3 - 8 March 2010 Winter Party Festival at South Beach.

No comments: