Thursday, September 25, 2008

Check the Status of the Fire Hydrants in Your Neighborhood

When at the start of my First Day of Autumn 22 September 2008 photowalk that I observed a Maintenance Required tag around this fire hydrant in the 300 block of N Street it caught my attention because it was the first time that I had seen a tag on any fire hydrant.

Well, thanks to the Living in the District blog I learn that in the process of a recent fire hydrant inspection campaign to upgrade all fire hydrants in the city ... you can now check the status of each hydrant in your neighborhood.

One of two hydrants in the 300 block of N Street, SW, Fire Hydrant Stats reports that hydrant #H07323 was last inspected on 5 July 2007 and though IN SERVICE the tag infers MAINTENANCE is REQUIRED.

No comments: