Thursday, May 29, 2008

Old Convention Center site to be redevelopment as City Center DC

My interest in the redevelopment of the Old Convention Center site dates back to December 2004 when out taken pictures on New Years Ever, 31 December 2004, that I observed that the site was in its early stages of demolition.

Since then I have visited and photographed the 10 acre lot on many occasions. One year later, in December 2005, to photograph the First Downtown Holiday Market. Four months later, I returned in April 2006 to document the first installation of the 10th Street Art entitled Metamorphosis.

In July 2007 I'd capture the 10th Street Art Walk second installation entitled Drift. Most of those images have not yet been uploaded to my Drift photoset.

And then after observing photos of a 10th Street Art Walk installation at Bullneck's photostream on 7 May 2008 I'd visit the Emerge installation. In the process of research for a video production that would highlight each artists and each piece of work, it was then that wold I learned that Emerge is the third and final installment.

And on the same that I had completed the Emerge 'Outdoor' Art Installation - 10th Street Art Walk- NW WDC - 7 M ay 2008 video, TV news reported that Mayor Adrian M. Fenty had announced that the District had reached a deal with Hines/Archstone to lease the so-called B parcel to the development team.

The Old Convention Center Site will be redeveloped as CityCenterDC.

To learn more about CityCenterDC visit its website.

No comments: