Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sunday Jam Session at Dupont Circle, 5 August 2007

I had not seen Gary since my 21 April 2007 Saturday Photo Walk when passing through Logan Circle that I happened and then photographed him. Though the images have not yet been posted to flickr when revisiting some of my April 2006 images a few days later I also came across images of Gary that I had taken exactly one year before on 21 April 2006 in Dupont Circle.

During my 5 August 2007 Sunday Photo Walk through Dupont Circle I photographed and videotaped Gary jamming with several others, including percussionist Alfredo Hernandez from the Malcolm X. Drummers and Dancers. Two others who I had not met before were highway blues artist John Jack Carter and a guitarist David Getz.

I have photographed Hernandez and other Drummers in Dupont Circle since the 90's.

Click the above photo to view my Jam Session - Dupont Circle - 05 August 2007 photoset which is part of my ongoing Dupont Circle 2007 and Street Musicians 2007 projects.

Here are the videos:

1. Part 1/4
2. Part 2/4
3. Part 3/4
4. Part 4/4

2 comments:

G Force said...

Elvert,

All of those links to Flickr are set to private or something, can't view any of them. Please fix!

Unknown said...

I remember this🎼🎶🎵