Thursday, August 30, 2007

My August 2007 Video of the Month

This April 2000 MMOW / Equality projections project is one that I have contemplated and worked on since when a few weeks before the April 2000 MMOW that I requested press credentials.

Having donated my entire April 2000 Millennium March on Washington for Equality photographic collection to the Stonewall Library & Archives in Fort Lauderdale FL. in March 2004, it was during the April 2000 MMOW photographic exhibition opening reception which took place at the Stonewall Libary & Archives in September 2004 that I mentioned to Chuck Williams of Arts United and Brad Koogle of SLA that it was my hope to develop a dance music dvd that would creatively integrate my April 2000 MMOW images with the dance mix of a gay dj artist whose mixology reflects the rhytyms of our times, heritage and culture.

In support of same sex marriages and as part of THE TIME HAS COME TODAY Ad Campaign a demo entitled THE TIME HAS COME TODAY was created in March 2005 which featured a mix that I created.

Since my introduction to the sounds of DJ Bryan Hughes in June 2005 the integration one of his mixes with my April 2000 MMOW collection has been on my mind.

Having chosen Progression #3 from his mixology, effectively speaking, the April 2000 MMOW / Equality Progression Projections Project represents an unique online exhibition and slideshow that not only documents the event in chronological order but features almost all of the images whose negatives have been processed to date.

And, if all goes as planned, at the request of a former catering associate and now event coordinator for a WDC real estate redevelopment firm, in conjunction with my FLANEURISM: Friday Photo Walk - WDC - 13 July 2007 and FREEDOM - 2007 Capital Pride Parade projections project, both, which also features the sounds of DJ Bryan Hughes, dvd versions of my April 2000 MMOW / Equality Progression Projections Project will serve as background music for future art openings and receptions.

A project that I have worked on for several years. With many rolls of April 2000 MMOW 35 mm film negatives not yet processed, April 2000 MMOW / Equality - Progression #3 - DJ Bryan Hughes - Elvert Barnes represents my August 2007 Video of the Month.

The work is not yet done.

Click the above photo to view the video.

No comments: