Friday, March 02, 2007

Top DJs Tony Moran & Brett Henrichsen team up for 2007 Winter Party Beach Party and CD

Brett Henrichsen started the Masterbeat label in 1996 with the goal of allowing the gay community to “take home the music” from dance events around the country. The Masterbeat brand quickly became a worldwide success and has released more than 60 compilations, including CDs for events such as Winter Party, White Party and Gay Days. Henrichsen took his passion for dance music to the next level by becoming a DJ in 2000.

In Februay 2007, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force announced that two of the nation’s top DJs — Brett Henrichsen an Tony Moran — had teamed up to play the 2007 Winter Party Festival's Beach Party as well as lend their talents to the official 2007 Winter Party CD.

When visiting the Winter Party 2007's Welcoming Center at the Doubletree Surfcomber Hotel on Friday afternoon, 2 March, to pick-up Sunday's Beach Party ticket and my press credentials Richard and I purchased a copy. Or rather, Richard purchased a copy for me.

Richard, unlike me, is not too much into 'circuit' or 'club' music. I, on the otherhand, am a bird of a different feathers. While my interest, definately, lie in the documentation of these kind of events as important and historic reflections of gay life/culture ... the driving force behind why I attend circuit events has a great deal to do with my love for the music and, of course, THE DJs.

In fact, engaging in my ritual light night to early morning writings, blog and photo postings and, of course, in anticipation of Sunday's Beach Party, I - at this very moment -am now listening to Masterbeat's Brett Henrichsen and Tony Moran's Winter Party 2007 compilation.

I hope to capture DJs Tony Moran & Brett Henrichsen on Sunday as part of my ongoing "DJs At Work/Play" project.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic. I hope you're enjoying yourself. I'm actually kind of jealous. Would love to be in South Beach, right about now.:-)