Thursday, April 29, 2010

Two New "City Vista" Public Art Installations Dedication at Mt. Vernon Triangle

During Safeway's recent transition in SWDC I took three trips to the Safeway at the City Vista Complex at 5th and K Streets in NW WDC. It was during my first trip on Sunday, 27 March 2010 that I noticed for the first time two new public art installations at the City Vista Complex.

After during some research through Google I learned that the works of art were "Inspiration" by Ethan Kerber and "Lift Off" by David Black.

In a DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) press release dated 1 April 2010 I learned today that a dedication ceremony for the two new public art installations were held at Busboys & Poets at City Vista on Tuesday, 6 April 2010.

Wishing that I had known of the event ... I definately would have attended it. Public Art In Public Spaces have always been of interest to me.

Click the image to view my City Vista / WDC Complex photo album.

No comments: