Thursday, June 26, 2008

Texas Johnny Brown at Smithsonian Folklife Festival

The first act that I had the pleasure of capturing on the Wednesday afternoon, 25 June 2008 during Opening Day of the 42nd Annual Smithsonian Folklfe Festival was Texas Johnny Brown and the Quality Blues Band who, upon my arrival was performing on the Opry House Stage's 2 - 3 pm set.

Though I'm seriously contemplating featuring my 2008 Smithsonian Folklife Festival to my recently launched ipernity account, for now, here is my Texas Johnny Brown & the Quality Blues Band photoset at Flickr.

And here are videos #1/2 and #2/2 that I shot of Texas Johnny Brown and the Quality Blues Band's 2 - 3pm set on the Opry House Stage.

Then too, though it has been one of ongoing projects since 1993 I am SERIOUSLY CONTEMPLATING NOT RETURNING TO THE 2008 SMITHSONIAN FOLKLIFE FESTIVAL this year as a result the racism that I experience each and every time that white people see black men ...

As a 50 something black man who, over the years, practiced integration ... I'm sick and tired ...!

No comments: