Friday, December 07, 2007

3rd Annual Downtown Holiday Market opens TODAY at 12 noon

Beginning at 12 noon today, the Downtown DC BID and Diverse Markets Management will kick-off is 3rd annual Downtown Holiday Market.

For 17 exciting days from Noon to 8:00 pm, at Penn Quarter, the sidewalk on F Street between 7th and 8th in front of the Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture will be transformed into a marketplace of local artisans selling a diverse array of goods including: art, crafts, jewelry, textiles, photography, pottery, clothing, prepared food and other high quality gift items. Enjoy live entertainment and refreshing food and beverages while you shop.

Each year, the event gets better and better.

All-weather large-screen monitors running continuous, looped programming with sound are a new and exciting addition to this year’s Market. Additionally, several food and beverage vendors will offer a variety of interesting savory, sweet and seasonal treats.

Taken during the 2006 Downtown Holiday Market the above image is in included in my December 2006 Photographs Never Before Seen (December 2007) project and Downtown Holiday Market 2006 collection. And here are images from the 2005 event.

Opening at 12 noon TODAY which is Friday, 07 December 2007, the event will take place every day, from 12 noon until 8 pm, thru Sunday 23 December.

1 comment:

BillyWarhol said...

Great Shot Dude*

I'd love to see that*

I remember my First Stab at trying to get my shit seen + lined up a Show during Contact '98 the Big Toronto Photography Show which goes on throughout the month o May*

In typical Fashion i was doing it on a Budget of ZERO Dollars but lined up thee most Amazing Space BCE Place just a Month b4 the Show*

The Space was designed by Santiago Calatrava + is truly Unbelievable*

Atanyrate like yer Big Screen here my plan was to have all my Digital Photos Running throughout the Day cuz it is home to all the Corporate Biz Boys on Bay Street + also Movenpick Resto would get over 5000 people a Night trucking thru fer Dinner*

Well I got Stymied cuz I fergot during the Day the Skylights washed out the Projection Screen*

So I lost the Day Crowd*

+ I also learned just what a Monumental Job it is for Artists trying to lineup Gallery Space (i never knew they had to Frigging PAY to Show!!) I got the Space provided by Ma Bell but I had to cough up $1,000 Bucks outta my own Pocket in case somebody Tripped over a Wire or whatever*

Fortunately my Friendz came thru + Helped by providing some Equipment Gear + we thru a Party + DJ's Spun Beats + we also Streamed Digital Photos of the Event almost Live!

I would run around + Shoot Everybody + then Download then Race Upstairs to the Office where we had access to a Fax Phone Line fer Internet!!

Cutting Edge Stuff fer 1998*

;))

Peace*